Posted 3 weeks ago
Field Break Fix Technician
Who we are:
Complete Document Solutions (CDS) has been a Xerox agency partner for 24 years. We currently serve over 12,000 Xerox customers from our 9 locations that cover 6 states in the Mid-Atlantic region and are continuing to expand! CDS is a proud Xerox dealer who consistently bring the value of a global company with local and personal customer care.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of own company and third-party products and systems including hardware, software, networking products and operating systems.
- The role provides complete support coverage for equipment assigned to a Managed Services customer or specializing in Office Equipment in order to maintain the highest possible up-time for the customer. While the support team extends from supply replenishment though fixed output, including operation of the equipment and finishing devices, it also includes full break/fix repair of the assignment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform routine services to ensure equipment availability to client site users
- Perform equipment operation (printing, scanning, copying) to deliver finished documents as required including use of finishing devices
- Provide appropriate communication, support and interface to-on site client base as to equipment status and availability
- Provide customer training on assigned products to improve end user knowledge of equipment functionality
- Maintain appropriate communication with Managed & Technical Services personnel within assigned area of coverage
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reporting of activities (as required) using activity reporting software and tools
- Take responsibility for customer satisfaction through proper use of customer management skills and engaging the support of other CDS teammates when necessary.
- Develop schedules and implement preventative and corrective maintenance services to maximize equipment uptime and performance
- Prior Xerox experience and certification a BIG plus!
- Successful prior experience delivering services to an on-site client environment demonstrating superior customer service skills
- Previous field technician or electrical/mechanical repair experience
- Effective interpersonal skill and behaviors with the ability to interact with a diverse client population
- Demonstrated capability in the maintenance and repair of electronic/electrical/ mechanical printing or computer equipment
- Effective organizational skills
- Basic understanding of network printing, job creation and submission
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to life and move up to 50 pounds