Posted 4 weeks ago
IT Technical Support Specialist
Suffolk County based business technology company is looking for a Technical Support specialist for our company's managed services clients located throughout Long Island.
Candidate will possess a broad technical knowledge of Windows-based servers and desktops, Macintosh a plus.
Candidate will be experienced in providing system administration and troubleshooting of Windows environments as well as administering and configuring routers, firewalls, access points and switches.
Candidate will also possess exceptional customer service, follow up, organizational, and communication skills.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provide technical support to end users remotely via phone, web-based tools, and email, as well as onsite visits to client locations
- Perform preventive and proactive maintenance and support as needed.
- Advise customers regarding the product's proper use and address specific user issues.
- Act as a liaison between end users, clients, third-party vendors, ISP's etc. support if necessary.
- Research and recommend new hardware, software and cloud solutions to our clients.
- Assisting with pre-sales technical support, attending prospect meetings, and preparing Statements of Work for the sales representatives.
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Windows Desktop Support.
- Competent in advanced troubleshooting and setup of Microsoft Office.
- Virus / Spyware detection and removal.
- Windows Server system administration.
- Hosted Exchange environments, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Backup administration (Cloud-based and local).
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory best practices in small to midsize network environments.
- Reviewing and identification of issues in application, event, and security logs.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking to include: Internet Protocol, VLAN, Firewall, Router, Wireless Access Point configuration.
- Experience with HP, Dell, SonicWALL and Cisco's lines of networking equipment a plus.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to handle client interactions professionally and respectfully.
- Highly motivated and organized with an attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- Mac skills, especially in relation to connecting Apple products to a Windows-based network.
- Basic iOS and Android skills
- Experience: 1+ years of system administration experience in a fast-paced environment, or 2 years of experience with verified Microsoft, CompTIA, or other vendor-specific certifications.
- Full time and Part Time
- Health benefits available