Posted 2 weeks ago
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Our environment is professional and fast paced. The successful candidate will provide accounting and finance leadership and expertise. This role will improve the internal control environment and improve business processes and internal financial reporting. It will contribute to corporate strategies designed to prepare for explosive growth. If you enjoy new challenges every day you would thrive here!
- Position has broad accounting and finance responsibilities
- Excellent career opportunity with a very talented management team
- Responsible for financial reporting and analysis; and general accounting functions
- Expert experience with inventory management required
- Special projects and ad hoc reporting, daily, monthly and yearly
- BA/BS Accounting: MBA, CPA or Masters a bonus
- 5-7 years general accounting experience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter, excellent leadership and communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a detail-oriented person who can take care of the actual nuts and bolts of accounting and is comfortable being hands on
- Should have a strong background in general ledger accounting, including inter-company accounting and account analysis.
- Experience implementing new systems, teaching and managing others
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting including understanding debits and credits, accruals, inventory, P&L’s, and Balance Sheets. Experience with inter-company transactions is vital
- Must be service and customer oriented with both internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of E-Automate is a plus
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred
Key Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following. For this position many of these duties will be shared:
- Report to CFO and work with an external CPA on account analysis and year end reporting
- Work where needed with overall accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Balance Sheet and Income Statement, which includes preparation of journal entries, account maintenance, and account reconciliation
- Utilize your accounting skills as required for our various departments and affiliated companies
- Assist, develop and enhance accounting policies and procedures to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and delivery systems
- Assist or Manage the preparation of audited financial reporting, including quarterly reviews
- Assist in producing internal management reporting including monthly financial operating results, key operating metrics, and projections
- Perform lease billing, lease setup and maintenance to ensure both the customer and the company receive accurate and timely invoicing
- Lead the company in taking on and utilizing Sales Score Keeper
- Verify bank account transfers & enter into GL
- Provide guidance to department regarding account codes, transaction processing, etc.
- Provide significant guidance regarding inventory transactions, costing & processing
- Re-cost (value) used equipment including trade-ins, service swaps, etc.
- Perform special; projects as required
- Maintain files on company vehicles and other fixed assets as required
- Prepare and report Sales and Use Tax for multiple States in a timely manner
- Complete other duties as assigned
Secondary Duties based on requirements of the department: Many are for cross training purposes
- Formulate and post accruals
- Track and adjust pre-paid transactions
- Responsible for the filing county property taxes, balancing the checkbook and preparing year end package
- Maintain fixed asset & depreciation schedules
- Assist with or be responsible for maintaining cash balance and monitoring cash requirements daily
- Vendor negotiations
- Responsible for timely inventory, interfacing with the warehouse & purchasing to ensure accuracy of inventory; approve and execute inventory adjustments
Repro Products, Inc. (RPI), is a multi-divisional, community-centric organization located in Smyrna, GA. Our family of businesses include RPI, The Color Spot, 4ColorLaser and Safety Products Store. We are an award-winning local company servicing the Architectural, Engineering and Manufacturing industries for over 41 years. We have evolved to become a Gold-level Autodesk software and support provider. As an Authorized Autodesk Training Center, we provide training, consulting and programming to our software clients. Our Reality Capture division offers 3D laser scanning and drone services. These are in addition to our other divisions including wide format printing and printers, safety apparel, Plan-room management, and as an Authorized Sales Agent of Xerox Corporation, providing products such as Xerox award winning multi-functional devices, printers, managed print services, and software.
We offer competitive salary based on experience. Eligible employees are offered Health, Dental, Vision, Flex Plan, Life Insurance and Credit Union, as well as Vacation, PTO and 401k. We are a Drug Free Workplace and require Employment Drug Screening. We are an EEO and participate in the E-verify program.